- Our collection of PDFs for downloading is always being updated, on the right are our most recent updates.
- New to this site are Job opportunity feeds from a variety of sources; we also have some career profiles for you to investigate. These are available only for members.
- New is our Members section; where you can download documents; access the archive and submit content to the site. In order to keep this site going we ask for donations from members; you can be a 10 day pay-as-you-go member or support us by longer term donations, we favour student memberships and offer a 'student special' deal.
So what does membership mean; what do you get for subscribing?
1. Well apart from supporting our efforts to bring quality information to your desktop for a small donation, you get access to our content; you can get most of it elsewhere but we have done the searching hard work and placed it in relational context.
2. You also get access to our jobs feeds in sport.
3. You get access to Open Journal content (Journals that don’t require a fee)
4. You get links to websites that are dedicated to ‘sport and physical activity’ content for more information worldwide
We are not for profit and so your subscription helps support our efforts!, thank you.
- Our contacts page makes it easier for you to get in touch.
- Brand new for students is our link to Do-It..... Get experience by volunteering wherever you are; just type in your postcode and choose the type of experience you require - you will find a "sport" selection on the list and away you go. Some courses will give academic credit for these types of experience.
- The national sports development email database (now over 7000 members) is available to join; see the link on the left to join.
The site was launched in September of 2002 and we are here now after so many years, some consider us the most respected website in sports studies worldwide, you make you mind up! ; to contact us please click here
FREE membership for (some) students:
We provide institutional subscriptions; school, college, university or corporate. One payment for the year [just like journal subscriptions but with added benefits - all students can sign up and can use their accounts away from the institution] please contact us for further information here
If you are a student at the following UK institutions please ask your library or learning centre (not us) for details of free membership of this site;
Cardiff Metropolitan University
University of Derby
University of the Highlands & Islands
Leeds Trinity University College
Liverpool John Moores University
Manchester Metropolitan University
University of St Mark and St John (Marjon)
Sheffield Hallam University
Please note that we are not able to refund existing personal subscriptions.