The first anniversary of the Sydney 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games was an appropriate time to commence an assessment of the success of the Games, their impacts on Sydney, New South Wales and Australia, and the benefits they delivered to the people of this country [Australia].
The evidence collated in this report supports the view that the Games delivered substantial benefits to Sydney, New South Wales and Australia. For example:
- $3 billion in business outcomes, including: $600 million in new business investment and $288 million in new business under the Australian Technology Showcase.
- Almost $2 billion in post-Games sports infrastructure and service contracts of the above $3 billion, over $500 million has been secured in contracts, sales and new investment by businesses located in regional NSW
- Injection of over $6 billion in infrastructure developments in NSW and an injection of over $1.2 billion worth of conventional business for NSW between 1993 and 2007
- Over $6 billion in inbound tourism spending during 2001 and greatly enhanced business profile for Sydney, NSW and Australia through the equivalent of up to $6.1 billion worth of international exposure
- Greater expertise and confidence in tendering, both domestically and overseas, on large-scale projects new and improved business programs including strong collaboration with the private sector.
Editor's comments - [ This study was conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers at the request of the NSW Department of State and Regional Development (DSRD) in order to collate evidence as to the range of business and economic benefits of the Sydney 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games. - pdf by us for educational purposes only. ] Reference this?Cryer, J. (Year). This page title in italics. Retrieved date, from <this page's full URL>
In the text: Cryer (year)
Reference : PWC. (2001). Business and economic benefits of the Sydney 2000 Olympics: A collation of evidence. Sydney: NSW:DSRD
The above reference is in the APA style: See why this is important in our [how to reference] us guide.
Download this document [Use of this document may be limited by © copyright ; by downloading you consent to our terms and conditions ]