The Group worked within the following remit: "To consider how schools can be supported, within the National Priorities framework for planning, delivering and monitoring improvements, to provide a quality physical education which meets the needs and talents of all pupils, drawing on the following:
- 5-14 curriculum Guidelines for Expressive Arts;
- The HMIE report Improving Physical Education in Primary Schools;
- The Education, Culture and Sport Committee report on Sport in Schools;
- The report of the Physical Activity Task Force;
- HMIE report, Effective Learning and Teaching: Physical Education;
- The Sport 21 Strategy.
Editor's comments - [ This is the 2004 report by the Review group on Physical Education in Scotland. The Group was originally chaired by the then Deputy Minister for Education and Young People, Nicol Stephen, and subsequently Michael O'Neill, Director of Education, North Lanarkshire Council. ] Reference this?Cryer, J. (Year). This page title in italics. Retrieved date, from <this page's full URL>
In the text: Cryer (year)
Reference : Review group on Physical Education. (2004). Report of the review group on physical education. Edinburgh: Scottish Executive
The above reference is in the APA style: See why this is important in our [how to reference] us guide.
Download this document [Use of this document may be limited by © copyright ; by downloading you consent to our terms and conditions ]